Join the Neighborhood Trees Campaign 2017 to photograph, document and map trees around your locality.
Participate in the National Moth Week 2017 between 22nd and 30th July and win prizes and certificates.
 I also frequesntly see users adding their observations of the exotic, non-native species of plants under the groups PlantsIndia, TreesIndia which I believe are dedicated to native species of India. We have another group available for us to upload our observations of the non-native, exotic species - Spotting Alien Invasive species.

I request users to check the nationality of the species before adding their observation to any particular group.

Started
Updated
Tags
Add Tag
  • native
  • non-native
  • exotic
  • alien
  • invasive species
  • Thomas Vattakaven : Added a comment
    Dear Rujuta, Both PlantsIndia and TreesIndia have no restriction with regards to exotic/invasive species. Both are taxon based groups, the former for trees and the latter for all plants. Also, Spotting Alien Invasive species intends to document only invasive exotics. All exotics are not necessarily invasives. Many exotics are also now widely indigenous and have local uses and medicinal applications. 
  • Dr. Rujuta : In reply to Thomas Vattakaven
    Yes, I initially got confused while posting my observations of alien species as all were not reported as invasive....on the group Spotting Alien invasive species. On that note, can we have another group as non-native naturalized species? These three groups might give justice to the three distinct varieties of species - native, nonnative naturalized, exotic invasive?
Please write comment